The first boy registered in Scoil Bhride was Michael Molloy. This boy was registered in 1873 when classes took place in the Convent situated beside the church. This building now houses the Thai Garden restaurant.
A two teacher co-educational school was built in 1891 on the site of the present community centre.
In 1956 a new 4 teacher boys’ school and separate 4 teacher girls’ school was built on the site of the present girls’ school.
In 1985 the boys moved to a new extension to the school which was linked to the girls’ school.
School in 2006
In August 2012 building works started on completely new buildings for both the boys’ and girls’ schools. The first phase was completed in August 2013 and the final phase in January 2014.
The official opening of the new building took place in May 2014.